Keith D. Semple
Keith D. Semple
Since 2003, Keith Semple has represented injured workers in Oregon workers’ compensation claims. In that time, he has represented well over a thousand injured workers in every corner of the state, and in all lines of work. Keith pursued a career in law so he could fight for the rights of people who could otherwise be easily outgunned by employers or insurers.
In 2010, Keith added his expertise in workers’ compensation to our team of established attorneys with generations of experience in complex litigation involving catastrophic injury, products liability, and medical negligence. Our combined experience and resources will ensure that every potential claim is considered and every route to recovery is explored.
Keith was raised in rural Illinois. His upbringing in the company of hard working people has given him a sincere and plain spoken approach to helping his clients understand the often complex legal issues involved in their case.
In addition to representing his clients in their individual cases, Keith has become a leading voice at the legislature for the rights of injured workers and reform of the workers’ compensation system. For years, Keith has monitored all the policy developments in the workers’ compensation arena, and has helped harness and coordinate the efforts of those who support injured workers. For this work, Keith was honored with the 2020 Doug Swanson Outstanding Workers’ Compensation Attorney Award by the prior recipients of that award. Keith’s engagement on these issues helps him stay abreast of any changes or developments in the law, sometimes even before they take effect.
In his spare time, Keith enjoys spending time outside with his family taking hikes, teaching his kids to ride bikes and working on his yard and garden. In the winter, Keith enjoys skiing, and hopes to get his kids on the slopes someday. Keith is also a novice photographer, and took the firm pictures featured on the website.
- Workers' Compensation
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, Illinois
- Major: Sociology
- Oregon State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section, Chair, 2015
- Oregon State Bar, Executive Committee, 2010
- Oregon State Bar, Workers’ Compensation Section Legislative and Rules Committee, Co-Chair
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, 2003
- American Association of Justice (AAJ) , Member
- Lane County Bar Association
- Oregon, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2005
- 2020 Doug Swanson Outstanding Workers' Compensation Attorney Award, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Superlawyers Rising Star
- Author, “Swimming Against the Tide: Lobbying for Re-Reform of the Workers’ Compensation System,” Trial Lawyer Fall 2013
- Co-Author, “Workers’ Compensation,” 2012 Oregon Legislation Highlights, Oregon CLE 2012
- Co-Author, “Workers’ Compensation,” 2009 Oregon Legislation Highlights, Oregon CLE 2009